How do I get rid of Bing? It is not in my search options window.
I'm using firefox and my homepage is ninemsn.com (by default...(I'd love to block it too). Every time I try to search for something using the search engine in my toolbar my cursor is put into the bing search engine on the nine msn page, so when I press enter I'm taken to a bing search result. Incredibly annoying! How do I block this obnoxious site? Its a complete pain. Bing is not in my search engine list so I can't delete it or manage it.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
In order to manage your search engines, I would recommend updating Firefox to the newest stable version. Also if you click on the drop down arrow in the search bar of Firefox there is an option to Manage Search Engines.. Please click this and remove or add any desires searches or move up the list the search engine of choice.
It has been a while, so if there are any other questions we are happy to help.