I used to be able to open a new tab by clicking on the + tab on the far right. Now when I click the +, nothing happens. No new tab appears. What could be wrong?
The Open a new tab (the + sign at the far right of the tabs) does not respond. How do I fix that?
Uninstall the Ask toolbar and it should work again. There is a compatibility issue with the Ask toolbar and Firefox that prevents new tabs from being opened.Read this answer in context 6
Additional System Details
- 3D Life Player Beta (220.127.116.11). For more information, visit the 3D Life Player web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- E-centives Coupon Activator
- iLinc101 Install Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 AskTbDVSV5/22.214.171.12490 Firefox/3.6.15
Uninstall the Ask toolbar and it should work again. There is a compatibility issue with the Ask toolbar and Firefox that prevents new tabs from being opened.
That solved the problem. Thank you!!
Please click the Helpful button next to the answer that solved your Firefox support issue, when you are logged in.
I recently responded that this advice did not help. I unchecked the Ask tool bar and the new tab button still did not work. I responded that the suggestion was no help. On further thought I realized I should have gone through the uninstall process. When I did, it worked!! Thanks!
hello, I have this problem and yes i downloaded cutepdf and the damn thing loaded ASK tool bar. I immediately trashed it. however, since then I cannot open any tabs. Neither clicking the plus sign or using file, new tab works. Can somebody help me with this. DAMN CUTEPDF AND ASK. sferrari