Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.
Your Firefox is out of date and may contain a security risk! Upgrade Firefox

Support Forum

where do I find the auto fill button or icon?


Internet Explorer has an autofill button that I can click to fill in a form. Where can I find a similar one on Firefox?

Additional System Details

Installed Plug-ins

  • Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161
  • RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
  • RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
  • NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
  • Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
  • Default Plug-in
  • PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
  • GEPlugin
  • Picasa plugin
  • Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
  • 4.0.50917.0
  • Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
  • The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
  • Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
  • Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
  • Google Update
  • Npdsplay dll
  • DRM Store Netscape Plugin
  • DRM Netscape Network Object


  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv: Gecko/20110303 AskTbTKR/ Firefox/3.6.15 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

More Information

  • Moderator
1041 solutions 8840 answers

To add similar functionality to Firefox you can use the Autofill Forms extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/autofill-forms

edutain 0 solutions 3 answers

It is te little pencil icon we are looking for, I have reinstalled the app and still I can't find the icon to click on when I want to use auto-fill!??

  • Top 10 Contributor
  • Moderator
3195 solutions 24389 answers

Look for the icon in the Customize Palette.