My Yahoo! toolbar apps disappear whenever I restart Firefox
Hello, Everyone! I have Yahoo! toolbar 2.3.5. installed within the Firefox extensions but just a day ago the apps disappeared whenever I reloaded Firefox....And I can't refresh the toolbar either, plus the Yahoo search box is not responding! Does anyone have an idea about why this is happening suddenly?
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- Logitech Device Detection
- DjVu Plug-In(external version 188.8.131.524)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Ask Toolbar Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 GTB7.1
I have uninstalled and re-installed.. worked in the morning but not in the evening.. was out last evening as well
So this disappearing act has been afflicting you too and
maybe other people as well.
...Wonder what the problem could be--must be some nerdiness
in Firefox's innards. Someone there must know something about this.... Weird and frustrating.
Let me know if you find out from a more direct source. Thanks for responding. marlem388
Modified by marlem388
Hey guys, I was super frustrated tried everything in the world, finally tried something on my own ( had read mozilla and other tech forums) it came down to this, and I am passing it on so maybe it can work for you too, I went into add ons, and disabled the mozilla default program and voila! it worked, all the other solutions were temporary, I would find it worked once or twice then Nada, this one, however, has worked consistently since I did it, and now, my buttons ( especially my custom buttons) remain as I had them.... yeah!
I just disabled the Mozilla Default Plug-in; don't know yet if that will stabilize my toolbar search boxes and layouts, but your advice was impressive, especially considering that your own browser had taken a beating and that you persistently tried so many strategies.
...Hope that my Mozilla default plug-in is the same as your Mozilla add-on! In any case, didn't see a Mozilla program anywhere other than in the plug-ins on my Firefox browser.
Will see how this works out, but it's certainly the best suggestion I've seen re this nerdy disappearing act! Thank you for your terrific help. marlem388
Modified by marlem388