Installation of Flash failed because of insufficient permission for a required file. Could you please tell me how do correct this?
I receved an installation error saying that there was a required file, which could not be written 'due to insufficient permissions.' I clicked on the Troubleshoot for Flash, but could not figure out how to find the file (C:\Windows/system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll:5) .
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
Run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu (Run as Administrator) to get elevated permissions.
Thank you very much co-rel. It's so frustrating when things like this happen. I appreciate your help, wriglysyl.