Ctrl + T will not work
firefox new upgrade will not let new (untitled) tab to open. I'm using windows vista with firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 AskTbBLT/22.214.171.12490 Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- MSN® Toolbar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110303 AskTbBLT/220.127.116.1190 Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Uninstall the Ask toolbar and it should work again. There is a compatibility issue with the Ask toolbar and Firefox that prevents new tabs from being opened.
Strange you would talk about Ask. I do not like Ask and had removed it from the toolbar when I was fiddling around with the problem. The Ask toolbar was gone, even in the search engine bar. Restarts were used. If you have no additional bits of advice, I think I will go to an older firefox. If not then windows vista is next to go.
There Ask toolbar may still be installed, your user agent string includes "AskTbBLT/18.104.22.16890" which is added by the Ask toolbar. Check the Windows control panel add/remove programs, and the Firefox add-ons manager to see if either show the Ask toolbar.
Here is the answer to the problem. Remember I am using Windows Vista. First I went to my firewall in Spyhunter 4. I opened the System Guards and removed the older version of firefox.exe. I then clicked on Mozilla Firefox in (Safe Mode). Before it opened, it allowed me to reset the tool bars and Applications. I closed the Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). I then open Firefox in regular Mode and I was able to activate the Open New Tab and use the Ctrl - T.