I cannot update my Add-Ins. I always got the error: Unexpected installation error -203 when installing add-ons. I found a workaround for Windows but I have MacOS. Can you help me?
System MacOS 10.6.6
They are also for the Mac. If the first link that cor-el posted is showing information for Windows, in the right hand column underneath where it says "Help with", select Mac OS X and Firefox 3.5-3.6Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Picasa plugin.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0.3
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsILocalFile.persistentDescriptor]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: getAbsoluteDescriptor :: line 406" data: no]
Source File: file:///Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js
These workarounds are for Windows. I need one for MAC OS!
They are also for the Mac. If the first link that cor-el posted is showing information for Windows, in the right hand column underneath where it says "Help with", select Mac OS X and Firefox 3.5-3.6
I must have been blind. Thank you both for your help.