I want to change out of safe reading mode, where is this "Trust Manager"?
I am reading a pdf online and I want to follow an embedded link, but I get a security block telling me "In safe reading mode, this document does not allow connection to: http://www.sandiego.gov.development-services/ industr/pdf/infobulletin/ib500.pdf
If you want to enable this function, please check the Trust Manager preferences to change out of safe reading mode."
I looked through every menu item in the tool bar and couldn't find the Trust Manager.
Additional System Details
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
That is not a Firefox setting, it is a setting in Foxit. See http://techdows.com/2010/06/how-to-enabledisable-safety-reading-mode-in-foxit-reader.html
That lifted the security block. Now I just get an alert asking if I trust this website each time I try to open a form. Can I tell it anything from this website, or even just this page is okay, so I don't have to tell it 20 times if I need 20 forms? I know in i.e. I would put a site on my trusted list and it would still give me a pop-up every time. It can get very tedious when you have to download a lot of forms.
Yep, it was Foxit. Found that I needed t0 re-boot for change to be effective