Cannot access Internet Explorer, iTunes Store, Windows Updates. Why?
Have reinstalled IE8 & iTunes but cannot access IE. 2 phone calls to Webroot support have not resolved the problem. Only Firefox' firewall is on. Any ideas?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Approx. Jan. 2011
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Currently running Windows Vista. Last updates were Jan. 19, 2011.
Firefox does not contain a firewall and can not block other programs. You may have a firewall running that is blocking access. You could run the free enumprocess application which aims to detect if any firewalls are running, it is available from http://www.trolly.homepage.t-online.de/tools.html
It was my error; I should have listed the firewall as Webroot (not Firefox). I'll check to see if another firewall is running.