how do I make google my default search engine?
I had google as my search engine in the upper right corner until I upgraded firefox.
Additional System Details
This started when...
I upgraded firefox
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.2060
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
The search bar will default to the last search engine that was selected. To revert to Google click the drop-down arrow next to the icon and re-select Google. For more details see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Search+bar
If Google is not listed, on the bottom of the list of search engines click on "Manage Search Engines", then in the manage search engines window click the "Restore Defaults" button.
Thank you, Thank you
If your search is hijacked by bing or yahoo on ur firefox 4.0 browser & u prefer google as ur default search try this. Type "about:config" is ur navigation bar & look for "keyboard.url" in the preference name column. Right click to modify it to http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=
Once u have done this ... anything u type in ur NAV bar will b searched thru google. Cheers :D
I want to use google as default search engine but firefox always switches to babylon search, at explorer solved the problem. I checked about:config. I found there lines changed with babylon, reseted them but still problem continues. What to do? Please help me.
Modified by skiygin