Why won't firefox save my passwords anymore?
Firefox used to save my passwords, but doesn't do it any longer. It only has about 6 saved at this point and does not give me the drop down box to remember this password anymore.
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
About a month ago
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
I have checked in the options menu, and remember passwords is checked to perform this task, but doesn't do it anymore.
- Make sure that you not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode.
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History and Cookie settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"