after installing new 4. Beta and not liking it, uninstalling it; I installed 3.6. when I try to apply a new theme, I get the message that I'm running 3.0
I installed the new Beta and didn't like it because there were no large themes. I uninstalled it and then went to Mozilla via Internet Explorer and downloaded and installed Firefox 3.6. For hours I have tried to install 3.6 themes and I keep getting messages that say I'm running 3.0.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
today after I agreed to try the new Beta
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.0.11 NET_mmhpset
Your UserAgent string in Firefox is messed up by another program that you installed.
type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter
If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Filter = general.useragent.
Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset.
Then restart Firefox