I changed my browser to Google Chrome and now would like to go back to firefox.
In the process I got a new email address but Firefox insists on dialing my old one and I don't know how to change it.
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
OK, you posted here with Firefox 3.6.15.
What does your email address have to do with using Firefox?
What do you mean by "Firefox insists on dialing my old one"?
I mean that when I restart my computer Firefox dials my old email provider, earthlink. How do I get it to access my Gmail address?
Firefox doesn't do email and it doesn't "dial" - the operating systen makes the connection to the internet for both dial-up and for always-on broadband service.
If your problem is that when you click on a "mailto" hyperlink on a web page, that Firefox loads Earthlink webmail and you want it to load Gmail - see this.
Sorry to use technical terms that you may not understand, but I had to guess what you meant.