The add-ons tool window hangs when I click Options for any add-on
This morning, IE8 showed up as the default browser. Also, the Lastpass button was missing. When I click Tools-Add-ons and click the Options button for any add-on, the window hangs. Sometimes it hangs FF as well.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
Win 7 Pro on Dell Precision, 4GB RAM, FF 3.6.15
I resolved this by using a different add-on.
I was issued a new computer at work. It's a Windows 7 Dell E6410, and I was configuring a new installation of Firefox for it. I had downloaded the same URL shortening tool that I used on my old Windows XP IBM T60 computer. That add-on had the hang when you click on "Options" from the Tools > Add-ons menu. After uninstalling the add-on, I searched for a different URL shortening tool, and this one did NOT produce the hang.