Bing keeps coming up as my search engine default website, and I want to remove it, but I don't know how. Can you help me remove this program?
The website Bing has infiltrated my computer and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it. I was told to delete "search bar" from my program files, and I did that. And, then I was told to delete any extensions that were unknown, and I deleted one that had been installed the other day. But, Bing is still coming up as the default page on Firefox. Can you help me get rid of it? Thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) SearchToolbar/1.2
You can open the about:config page via the location bar and do a search for bing via the Filter at the top of that page.
You can reset all related prefs via the right-click context menu to their default values.
DON'T YOU GUYS KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT ALL TECHNO GEEKS, ALL WE WANT IS TO GET RID OF BL**DY BING. IF FIREFOX WON'T HELP US, WHO WILL? KEEP IT CR&&ING SIMPLE PLEASE.
none of these socalled solutions work.