YouTube videos a black screen an no play button since installing Flash10. Firefox 3.6.14 and OS X.4.11 What to do?
Hi Re Mac intel... Firefox updated to 3.6.14 and advised Flash 10 be installed. I did this and now on YouTube videos all I see is a black screen with no play or pause button. System is OS X10.4.11 Do I need to uninstall Firefox and re load an earlier version and an earlier version of Flash etc... will I lose my bookmarks and firebug? If so not worth it. Would really appreciate help so sad not to be able to view any YouTube. Many thanks, Clare
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110218 Firefox/3.6.14
Hi again - since writing the above I have posted on Adobe>Webplayer>Flash forum the following request and will post on here if I receive a reply that works:
Firefox updated to 3.6.14 and then advised Flash 10 be installed. I did this and now on YouTube videos all I see is a black screen with no play or pause button. System is OS X10.4.11 Have now followed Adobe instructions to Uninstall Flash player on system and then Install Flash 10. But still at YouTube Safari says Flash 10 is needed and in FF shows a black box only. I use Intego virus barrier but this has never blocked an update before. Flash is enabled in Firefox and Safari.
eldnolb at Adobe forum advised: Go to this site and right click on the Flash logo, Settings, Display Settings. UNcheck the hardware acceleration.
But when I go to this page no logo appeared for me to right click on, which again means that Flash player is not working... so I could not access Settings, Display Settings, Uncheck etc. Was advised to start a new Mac entitled thread. Clare
2 days later ---- FF has just released 3.6.15 and problem solved - Flash player now installed without my having touched anything. Not so with Safari. So it suggests it may be a browser-flash-tigerOS mix up, rather than a virus barrier block. C