Is Firefox available in .msi form so that network admins can install the software through group policy?
As a network administrator, it would be very beneficial if Firefox and updates could be installed using AD Group Policy. Our network policy does not allow users to install software without administrative involvement and with Firefox being available only in .exe format I have to visit each workstation for every update...very tedious. Is your product available in .msi form?
Additional System Details
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Logitech Device Detection
- VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110218 Firefox/3.6.14
Mozilla do not make a msi installers, but you can get msi installers for Firefox from http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox
You can use the Open Source MSI Package Repository by MIT.
Frontmotion tinker with the default to much.
Modified by rhaarhoff
That is a very old page, from Sept 2007, which offers Firefox 1.0.6 and other old versions of various software.