This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox can get onto yahoo however whenever I use the search function is says link is broken. Equally cannot access google either. Thanks
The connection has timed out
The server at uk.search.yahoo.com is taking too long to respond.
Firstly I have had to changed my home page because google will not load. Then I can get access into yahoo itself, mail etc but cannot get any of the search engines to function. All other websites ok apart from when trying to do searches!
The yahoo search shows the following message or it indicates that the connection has broken. Tested internet connection and all ok!
Any advice appreciated.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
All Replies (2)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
firefox sucks,avg caused a lot of the problem,try avast,upyoursMF'IN,firefox!