want to uninstall test pilot
newbie with new computer. feel overwhelmed at this point. before engaging in something like test pilot I would first like to feel my wings.So how to uninstall test pilot?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b9
Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > Feedback > Remove
I undertook an uninstall and reinstall of FireFox 9 (to try to solve another problem which it did not).
When I restarted Firefox 9, Test Pilot appeared. I have never installed it and it did not appear in add-ons or plug-ins. I could not find a way to remove it.
I then did a file search for "pilot" and found 3 occurrences of the offending file. I simply renamed the files as .old (not wanting to delete them yet).
I also discovered that Test Pilot was also installed in Thunderbird. I did not install it here either. Renaming the offending files & subsequently deleting them fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I did not note down the name of the files.