Why am I getting a runtime error that won'r let me see a page that I know is safe and how do I fix it?
Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off". Why is this saying this and how do I fix it so i can see the site I want to see. It has let me see the site I want before...just did this today.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.00 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101130 Firefox/3.5.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
That's an error at that web site. Nothing you can do about it except to contact the webmaster and make them aware of that issue.
It's not on the server side as it doesn't happen with IE or Chrome, and it didn't happen with FF until I rebooted after the most recent update. The site is http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
It didn't happen to me either, until I updated Mozilla, and it also happened on Chrome. I haven't tried it on IE or Safari yet, but I don't think I'll have much luck there