how can I remove ashampoo toolbar
I downloaded an upgrade to Ashampoo WinOptimiser 6 and with it came an Ashampoo toolbar which I di not need or want
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
I downloaded the update
- Zylom Plugin
- FireFox Plugin
- BBC iPlayer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Download Manager Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I fixed mine. Here is how I did it.
1. Go to control panel 2. Add remove programs 3. Scroll through your populated list and find "myahsampoo toolbar" 4. Remove it 5. Open Firefox 6. Click Tools 7. Go to Add-ons 8. In your add-ons you will still see ashampoo toolbar uninstall it 9. Back to add ons you will see commandit or something similar. Uninstall it. 10. Close Firefox
When you restart you will see it is no longer there. Next time I will do a custom install just to look for stuff like this. Hope this helps
Modified by mustang27614
Very many thanks, I didn't ask for the thing and I didn't want it so it's a relief to be rid of it!
This fix doesn't work with my win 7. even after removing Ashampoo from my system that dang toolbar remains. Grrrrrr. when I unistalled it I left ashampoo a nasty note as to why I got rid of it.
Go to control panel 2. Add remove programs 3. Scroll through your populated list and find "myahsampoo toolbar" 4. Remove it 5. Open Firefox 6. Click Tools 7. Go to Add-ons 8. In your add-ons you will still see ashampoo toolbar uninstall it 9. Back to add ons you will see commandit or something similar. Uninstall it. then go to help then restart with ad-ons disabled ok
I've been able to remove myashampoo from the control panel. But I can't do the following steps because I can't see the orange Firefox button at all, and can't think of any way of getting to the Tools.
Also, Ashampoo has removed my access to my Firefox bookmarks.
Also, I meant to ask whether I can set Firefox to prevent being invaded by Ashampoo or other malware in future.
Modified by AlexBell
Without asking, Ashampoo added the toolbar and changed my homepage when I did a trial of their DVD burning software. Consequently, I deleted the trial. I don't want it even if it is great. If you can or can not see the orange Firefox button, press Ctrl+Shift+A. This will bring you to the Add-on menu. Select Extensions where you should see Ashampoo toolbar add-on. Press the remove button and restart Firefox. Then, you will need to reset your normal home page. good luck.
Oneillbill's solution worked for me, as the toolbar did not appear to be deleted in the other method, i.e., via control panel> add/remove programs. I have purchased software from Ashampoo before, on several occasions. I will think very seriously about doing so in future. Having an unwanted application forced on to me is one thing - providing no means of deleting it within the application itself is utterly inexcusable. Shame on shampoo!
Modified by IvanNella
same here it wont let me delete!