The security "lock" doesn't show on Firefox 4.o when I go to my banking sites?
When I go to my credit card or banking sites-a little security "lock" has always appeared and I have always checked for it before I put in my password etc; After upgrading to Firefox 4.0 it doesn't appear anywhere and I have gone back to my old Firefox and the security "key" once again has reappeared. If you can tell me how to re-instate the security "lock" I'll gladly upgrade to Firefox 4.0! Many thanks for a great site! Regards- Donald.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
This has been replaced by the site identity button which contains more information about the security of the site than the padlock gives. For details on using it see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Site+Identity+Button