Facebook Games won't load, "allow 3rd party storage" is checked.
I can play facebook games for a while, but then they get an Invalid URL page, and I can no longer play any of the games, regardless of who made them. Farmville, superhero city, whatever - invalid url. I updated my flash player, and the Allow 3rd Party Storage box was already checked in the Flash Global Settings Manager. Sometimes clearing my cookies helps, other times not. Is there any way to fix this? It happens with irritating frequency and duration. Please help.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2062
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- SOE Web Installer
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
i cant tell you how many times a day i have to "clear the cache" while playing games on facebook, it does help somewhat but not for very long then i have to do it again , at times even have to restart the computer .how annoying
~ I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH MY NETFLIX QUEUE & WITH PAGES LOADING ON NETFLIX. WHEREAS I WOULD ALWAYS GET A BLANK PAGE WITH THE MESSAGE "URL...NOT FOUND" OR "URL....INVALID". ~ IT TURNS OUT IT MAY BE YOUR BROWSER'S NETWORK CONNECTION SETTING WHICH SHOULD BE CHECKED "AUTODETECT PROXY SETTINGS FOR THIS CONNECTION"
~ IN MOZILLA FOX GO TO "MENU" --> "TOOLS" --> OPTIONS --> ADVANCED --> NETWORK --> "CONNNECTION" --> "SETTINGS" --> THEN CHECK "AUTODETECT PROXY SETTINGS FOR THIS NETWORK"
~ HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU LIKE IT DID FOR ME