Strange arrows on Bookmarks Bar
There are a strange set of arrows on my Bookmarks Bar. Please check this URL: http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/cocorocara/MyScreenshot.png The underlying bookmark has nothing to do with it. Even if I delete the bookmark, the arrows still remain. I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on Ubuntu 10.10. I haven't installed any new extensions or themes. How can I get rid of these arrows? Thanks for your help. CC
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I have no idea
- The Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.9.5 (6b20-1.9.5-0ubuntu1)) executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Version 1.1.4 The Luggage, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-CA; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101206 Ubuntu/10.10 (maverick) Firefox/3.6.13
Those arrows usually appear when you drag an item to the bookmarks toolbar. Do they stay after a Firefox restart? Does this issue take place in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode?
Hi! Thanks for your reply. Yes, the arrows used to remain after restart.
There were no arrows in safe-mode.
When I restarted in normal mode after exiting from safe-mode, the arrows are no longer visible. Now no more arrows in either mode!
I had never noticed those arrows earlier, and I don't remember adding any new bookmark to the toolbar recently.
Anyway, Thank you. I will mark the issue as solved.
I have the same problem in firefox 4 on ubuntu 10.10. The arrows appeared after I switched back to the default theme from a theme that was incompatible with firefox 4. I have tried starting in safe mode; the arrows are still there in safe mode.