Firefox keeps changing my home page. How can I stop this? I have set my home page numerous times according to directions, which is AOL
I am runing XP. I will drag the AOL icon to the home page button and it is set. Then in a few hours the Firefox web page and google search engine becomes the home page. I am about ready to remove it and stick with Internet Explorer.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- TotalRecipeSearch Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.00 for Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I'm afraid that Firefox does not natively behave this way. If the issue doesn't happen in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode, please see Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
Please let us know the progress of the issue.