Everytime I open a new tab it comes up with Yahoo, how do I make it so a blank page opens when I open a new tab?
How do I make it so a blank page opens when I open a new tab?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_18 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b11) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b11
I had the same problem, in fact, I'm one of the people who clicked, "I have this problem, too!" I used to have blank tabs when I would open them, but I downloaded some shady software that I didn't know had add-ons! I tried the "about:config" method and messed around with some of those things but nothing happened. After deleting and reinstalling firefox it still happened, and after doing a computer wide search of 'Ya' or 'yahoo' it came up empty. That told me it's combined with some other program or it's under a different name completely. When I would open a new tab, the url would come up something like: www.click.1.3.yahoo.com/tab_search_000,00.03 blah blah blah. toward the end of the string though, the word "Freeze" appeared. So I went back to my control panel and looked for the word freeze in anything, even as the host site. I FOUND IT! It was some net assistant bug that downloaded off of some other software I had running. Hope this helps some of you! -Kayl PS. even if your word isnt freeze, it may be something else worth searching in your control panel :)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
SIMPLEST WAY TO FIX IT!!
- click the Firefox button in the top right corner of the screen
- go to add-ons
- click extensions
- disable the one that has the word freeze in it
- restart Firefox
- should be good to go!!!