I have Adobe Flashplayer installed, but Firefox doesn't recognize it. Any ideas?
Any item that uses flash player won't open. I have updated and reinstalled both programs. The flash player plugin works fine with google chrome and IE.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r28
- npmnqmp 07010901
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Internet Explorer uses a different Flash player than Firefox, and Flash is an integral part of Google Chrome (ref.), so the fact that Flash works in those browsers doesn't mean anything.
If Flash isn't working in Firefox, try the test links and troubleshooting suggestions in the Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems article and here: