Tab searching, when I click for a new tab it automatically comes up with yahoo search which is not my default search engine. How do I change this?
As above, when I click on a new tab it automatically comes up with yahoo search.
I don't want it to do this and cannot find how to change it.
It may have come about when I was downloading some software, I am not sure. I certainly didn't intentionally make it happen.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Firefox's behavior is to open a blank page when you open a new tab. Your issue is most likely caused by one of the add-ons you have. Please see here: Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
Gryllida, thank you so very much. Problem solved.
The issue seems to have been resolved.
davidkimpollard@netspace, please close the thread so that 'solution chosen by....' line appears at the top.