how do i turn off the warning: due to mozilla's security features, a link was blocked?
the error message was: Security Error
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- Fun Web Products Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- MyFunCards Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 AskTbMMG/126.96.36.19919 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Most useless support forum on the entire internet.
I have been having the same problem and just found the root cause and solution.
This is likely caused by the Web Fixer add on. If you have this add on installed, you should have a small icon on the bottom right corner of Firefox (next to the authentication padlock icon) that says Fix. Click this to access the Web Fixer menu and choose Quick Settings --> Change Settings --> Other Options tab. Uncheck the box labeled "Show message on security errors."
You may need to restart Firefox for the fix to work.
Hope this helps, this problem was driving me nuts!
It's driving me nuts too but I see no such option when exploring the options menu of the addon
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.