when opening live Hotmail account it constantly refeshes so unable to scroll down and view my emails.
desk top pc, running windows xp, firefox 4 beta10 problem started on beta 9. when i click onto my live hotmail tab it goes to the site then continues refreshing so that the top most email is highlighted. It does this so quickly that i can't scroll down the list to select other mails. My other tabs are stable including my yahoo email account. The extensions I have got running are: Bullgaurd safe browsing toolbar 1.0 Cool Previews 3.2 Java quick starter 1.0 Reminder Fox 184.108.40.206 Web mail ad Blocker 3.3.2 Web mail notifier 2.7.2 These where all loaded prior to switching to firefox4 beta and have been updated with each beta revision.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.110
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_14 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b10) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b10
There is a Bug filed about that problem.
(Please don't comment in that Bug report unless you can provide a patch to fix the problem.)
A Hotmail / Windows Live update around Jan19th introduced an HTML5 incompatibility that is affecting the Firefox 4.0 betas. Hotmail says they're going to have it fixed before the Firefox 4.0 Release Candidate is released - estimate about another 3 or 4 weeks.
Users report that hitting the ESC key repeatedly stops that refreshing cycle.
According to Microsoft, there is a patch for Hotmail that fixes this issue but they aren't pushing to have it release. You can let them know that you think it's urgent to fix here: http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1