I cannot open new tab pages in my browser.
If I click on the little plus nothing happens. If I try the shortkey, nothing happens. But new tabs do open automatically if I click on a link in a website.
Modified by JessicaKoetsier
The Ask Toolbar is causing that in the Firefox 3.6.13 version. Evidently something in that extension isn't compatible with a Firefox security fix. Disable that extension or un-install it.Read this answer in context 31
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
a few weeks ago?
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Zylom Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nl; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 AskTbARS/22.214.171.12490 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I have already uninstalled and re-installed Firefox, but the problem remains.
The Ask Toolbar is causing that in the Firefox 3.6.13 version. Evidently something in that extension isn't compatible with a Firefox security fix. Disable that extension or un-install it.
Thank you! That sorted out the problem :-D.
That certainly was the problem.I uninstalled ASK toolbar and the problem was solved. Thanks
You're welcome. Please mark this thread as solved.
Thank you! that problem just started today and was driveing me nuts. Thank you for finding out what was causeing it and how it could be fix'ed.