Is there a way to force Firefox to install addon updates after opening, not before ?
Does anyone know a way of forcing Firefox to propose add-on updates after it has opened the browser ? It's nice to be able to update, but frankly it's a secondary matter, when I launch Firefox I actually need to look up something and don't want to wait for updates to install or have to deal with the update window. It would be better to be able to update in the background, even if that means having to restart the browser for the update to take effect.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Picasa plugin
- RayV Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Version 1.1.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Only if you disable the automatic check for updates and do a manual check yourself via Tools > Add-ons > Extensions
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Update