Why am I unable to open multiple tabs in the browser? It all of a sudden refused to let me open more than one at a time.
While on the internet, I tried to open two tabs, but it won't open any more for me. I tried right clicking and opening that way, but it won't let me. I removed Mozilla Firefox from my computer and re-downloaded it, but it still won't let me open more than one tab. It's happened to two of my computers now, and nothing works for either one except opening in safe mode every time.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
A few weeks ago on my laptop, but just today on my desktop.
- Zylom Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1242
- MSN® Toolbar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")