In the latest edition of FireFox 3, my ability to log-in or provided feedback to forums at various website (e.g. newspapers: WSJ, local) became disabled. Either the log-in/feedback buttons don't show or they don't work. I upgraded to FireFox 4, hoping that would solve the problem. It didn't. However, using Chrome, I don't encounter the problem. What has happened to my FireFox browser??
For example, this link (http://www.coloradoan.com/) is the home page of my local paper. The white area, just above the headline box, should contain my profile and picture information, but it's missing. If I use Chrome, it's there. What gives?
Modified by DanSmedra
Additional System Details
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0b10) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b10
I just successfully posted to the WSJ using FF4. But I'm still having problems with my local newspaper. Weird
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.