Bearshare.com has taken over my homepage & won't let me change back to Firefox. I've deleted it but it won't die.
Norton A/V gave bearshare.com the green light as a safe site/download. I've deleted it because it went everywhere on my computer. It's still in there & will not let me change it back to my Firefox home/start page. It has taken over the page & my search options. It no longer comes up when I search for files with bearshare in it, yet it will not let me change anything! Every place I've gone, followed Firefox's instructions, etc., to change it back, bearshare.com overrides it and the changes I make won't take. I am freaking out and only know enough about computers to get myself into trouble. When I downloaded bearshare.com, I never saw any questions asking me if I wanted it to be my homepage/search engine, because I always say no, because I want Firefox to be the start of everything. Any help is appreciated because I have done all I can think of & it's become the Living Dead Download that won't die. HELP!!!!!!
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2062
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- MSN® Toolbar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 GTB7.1
I don't know what I'm supposed to put here. It's a new question, I think.