This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
The ad takes over and I can't get rid of the horrible voice that talks about electronic cigarettes! How do I kill it?
When I go to a bookmarked web page your ad page comes up. If I click it off it continues in the background. It is usually about an electronic cigarette. It continues forever. The only way I can get rid of it is to set my volume to mute. It is really annoying!
All Replies (1)
Do a malware check with some malware scan programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website