bing hijacked my home page...how do I re set it to google
I was trying to download a pdf converter from autocad. My antivirus software found no issues but it seemed to contain some spyware. I stopped the download, exited firefox. When I relaunched firefox Bing was my home page not google as previously set. I'd like to return my preferred search engine to google. How to I do that?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) SearchToolbar/1.2
Uninstall the SearchToolbar/1.2 that was installed into Firefox by that PDF converter program.
Tools > Addons > Extensions = highlight that extension and then use the Uninstall button.
Thanks. Simple enough