Will Firefox 3.x work with Windows XP SP1?
I would like to upgrade Firefox 184.108.40.206 but I have XP SP1. For various reasons I do not want to update to SP2 or SP3. Will Firefox 3.x work with Windows XP SP1?
Also, if I upgrade from with Firefox 220.127.116.11, will it uninstall the existing Firefox and import all of the settings and bookmarks into Firefox 3.x?
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
- Default Plug-in
- LabVIEW 8.5 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- LabVIEW 8.2 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.00 for Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/22.214.171.124
It will work on XP SP1. By default it will overwrite the Firefox 2 application, but will use your current Firefox settings such as bookmarks and passwords.
If you have previously tried to use Firefox 3.* on this computer you will likely have problems, it will use data from the previous time you tried to use Firefox 3.*
If you have previously installed Firefox 3.* see this link - Firefox 3 upgrade switches bookmarks and other settings to older version