How to disable plugin-container
First open Firefox to google or blender nation with all plug-ins/extensions/add-ons un-installed. plugin-container.exe is opened and working memory set is at at over 750mb with over 10,000 handles as soon as it opens Firefox is over 300mb. This has been constantly since updating from 3.5.x Since installing 3.6.13 memory consumption hasn't been as bad firefox.exe is still using 350mb and plugin-container.exe just under 200mb on initial load. This all occurs with only one tab and one window open on load.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
first opening the browser to google or any other web page
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Winamp Application Detector
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- OpenOffice.org Plug-in handles all its documents
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I have removed all plugins.
Un-installed Firefox made sure the install folder under the program files folder has been deleted and reinstalled though problem still persists.
Disappears after a reboot but comes back after a couple of days.
Full system virus-scan with norton 2010 and latest AVG returned nothing but tracking cookie.
All cache, history, and personal data has been cleared.