New Tab will not open
i am trying 2 open a new tab in my internet page by all opinions i.e. goin 2 file -> new tab, and ctrl +T and simply clicking the + sign next my current window which is already open but these will not work, although they worked yesterday. although i dont have a problem when right clicking on something and opening a new tab. i tried looking through tools but i couldnt fix it
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 AskTbLOL/18.104.22.16886 Firefox/3.6.13
This issue can be caused by an extension or plugin that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I uninstalled Ask toolbar and the tabs started working again
I was having the same issue, and sure enough, uninstalling the ask toolbar solved my problem too.
I encountered the same issue...and after disabling the Pandora TV toolbar everything is working smoothly.....
I didn't have the Ask toolbar though....
The Foxit PDF toolbar also screws with the open new tab on Firefox, its weird as its intermittent and does not always cause the problem, i just disabled it anyway. It also seems to be affiliated with Ask.com
I uninstalled the crowdstar tool bar which contained the ask.com toolbar.. problem solved!! thanks for the tips..
I uninstalled the ask.com toolbar and it fixed the problem as well - thanks!!!