How do I import bookmarks from Internet Explorer onto Firefox 4?
I've had Mozilla Firefox since it started with 1.o. In the past (as far as up to Firefox 3 I believe), importing bookmarks were under "File>import." However, Firefox 4 doesn't seem to have that same "File" menu anymore. Where can I import bookmarks now? About 4 months ago, I had to stop using Mozilla 3, and just use IE as Mozilla was eating too much RAM from my old computer. I just got a new computer, but the transfer took my old Firefox bookmarks. I've since changed them in IE, and now I want the new ones now that I have Firefox4 on my new computer.
Additional System Details
This started when...
I downloaded Firefox4
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Bing Bar
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b9
None. Can't find an "Import" option.
If you have the Menu bar hidden, hit the Alt to temporarily show the Menu bar, then you can use the File menu item.
To get the File menu display try
- on the keyboard press Alt+ V, then
while holding the Altpress T
- you should then be able to select to display the Toolbar Menubar (key M)
- you may also need to customize the toolbars and restore defaults
- you could also try keyboard key F11 which will toggle you out of full screen view
To Import your bookmarks (favourites) see
Importing favorites and other data from Internet Explorer
- edit LINK Import Bookmarks from Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge
The machine I am using today only has Firefox 3 installed, but from what I remember firefox 4 menu is very similar, but offers show all bookmarks instead of organise bookmarks. In both versions the bookmarks options are on the bookmarks drop down menu. (Bookmarks library includes the import & export functions, in both firefox 3 and 4)
Modified by John99
This tutorial covers what you're trying to do, follow the screenshots if you're having trouble finding the proper menus