With 4.0 beta 9 my hotmail keeps connecting, over and over. How can I stop this?
While being signed into my hotmail account the tab above keeps showing it connecting, connecting, connecting, and won't stop.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Not long after I download 4.0 beta 9.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b9
Starting last week, I have the same problem. But, it occurs in 4.0 b7 as well as in3.6.9 ie. Firefox across the board seemingly. I have had to resort to running Hotmail in IE8. Please post a solution soon.
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I can say that this has happened to me as well, and on my wife's brand new laptop. So I can confirm that it is NOT associated with extensions, themes, plug-ins, etc. Her laptop is brand new out of the box and has nothing installed in the way of the above. Mine has a handful installed, but just started having this problem last week.
No new extensions, just new nightlies. So it is either on the end of firefox, or hotmail changed some coding or something that firefox doesn't like.
Mine will connect, connect, and keep going. Sometimes I can't even read a message.
Hopefully this is going to be fixed soon as this is extremely annoying. Not only that, this is the only place I have found posts related to this issue. But I am not the only one, and seeing how the list is growing, it is probably an issue not associated with the above.
The problem is the way FF is handling script.
You can change the user agent string for a temp fix until they fix it, which is who knows when. It is a reported bug it seems and hopefully someone is working on it.