Every time i go into my hotmail and click on an email to view it the browser is constantly refreshing itself over and over
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
Do solutions to problems like these get posted on this forum, or does mozilla just keep score of how many people have them same problem.
Keep score? That's an optimistic assumption. Does Mozilla even know this repository of bug reports exists?
This is this bug - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=627729 - Hotmail web page continually reloads every second (please do not comment on the bug report)
Comments in that bug report show Microsoft are fast-tracking a fix for this issue, they plan to have it fixed before Firefox 4 reaches the release candidate phase.
A workaround is to change a preference in Firefox:
- Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
- Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
- Locate the preference html5.enable and double-click on it to change its value to false
If you do this, remember to set the preference back to true by double-clicking on it again when this bug is fixed.
Modified by TonyE