When looking for WeatherFox, I discovered my entire lower bar had disappeared. I cannot figure out how to restore it. The add-ons are still installed.
I just noticed this morning that the lower tool bar, including weatherfox, Hebrew Calendar, and several other add-ons, has completely disappeared. Perhaps it's a matter of having inadvertently clicked on something one day when not paying attention. When I checked under Firefox preferences a little while ago, I went to <manage add-ons> and saw all installed add-ons were still installed. I cannot find a way to restore the lower tool bar displaying them.
After doing a back-up, I opened Time Machine to see whether an earlier Firefox homepage included the lower bar. I don't know whether I did not go back far enough or whether Firefox is somehow opening to a new, unintended default without that lower bar, no matter how far back I go.
Meanwhile, in the process of writing this, I returned to Firefox Preferences and now the general preferences dialogue box is completely screwed up, as though the size of the contents of that dialogue box had grown, in both dimensions, so it no longer fits within the box and parts of it cannot be accessed. It is truncated, in other words, both at the right side and along the bottom. I can no longer even access the add-ons section. The last thing visible at the bottom of that box is the very top part of the line of text that appears to read: "Choose preferences for your add-ons." It's as though someone had come along with an Exacto and sheared away the bottom part of that line of text. And then there's the at the lower left corner. Along the right side of the box, under "Home Page," there are three buttons: <Use Current Pages>, <Use Bookmark>, and <Restore to Defau>, which is the point at which the text ends.
What the heck is going on? Now it's not only a matter of restoring the lower bar on my Firefox page, with add-ons displayed, but apparently I need to figure out how to resize the general preferences dialogue box, as well. I just checked: The other preferences dialogue boxes appear to fit correctly.
I use a Mac PowerBook G4 with Firefox version 3.6.13.
See View > [X] Status BarRead this answer in context 6
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The DjVu plug-in allows you to view DjVu files. For more information, visit the LizardTech web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
See View > [X] Status Bar