Firefox freezes ONLY when entering a search with Google, must close FF via task manager in order to restart it - Windows 7 64 bit. Was not like this always.
Sorry, cannot give further details. 4.0 runs smoothly with all websites I visit. Each time when entering a search term in Google I get all the results, but that's it - FF then freezes down completely.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
a couple of weeks ago
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Version 1.1.3, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b9
Been running this OS sinde about half a year, 4.0 almost as long as that, worked ok for a long time. Cannot remember installing any specific software which may have caused this problem.
This also seems to happen while signing into Gmail
I have the same problem with Firefox 13 and 14 beta with or without plugins and extensions enables. I went back to Firefox 12 and everything is fine.
This can happen if you or an extension have modified network.http prefs.
You can check the network.http.* prefs on the about:config page and reset all bold user set network.http prefs to the default value (network.http.proxy.keep-alive should be true) via the right-click context menu -> Reset.
@cor-el: Thank you thank you thank you! FF 13.0.1 was hanging on all things Google - particularly Google searches. After reading your post and checking about:config I saw
as you pointed out it should be, but I noticed
so I reset it to
and now all is right in the FF world again. Thanks again!