This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Since Firefox updated yesterday, it won't respond to addresses in the url field or search terms in the search engine field. I can only go to addresses already in my bookmarks.
When I type an address into the url field the browser will not load the page...it just sits there as though waiting for me to press enter. Also it won't respond to the recently used addresses that show in the dropdown menu. It will also not respond when I try to use the search engine field (google). This started yesterday after Firefox automatically updated to version 3.5.9. I don't get an error message, just no response at all.
All Replies (1)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
This can also be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
Modified by cor-el