Windows Media Player Plug-in installed but not showing in browser?
I have downloaded and installed the Windows Media Player Plug-in. Even after closing FF completely and then re-starting it, the plug-in does not show in the add-ons box nor does the browser allow the videos to play. This plug-in is crucial to me being able to watch the videos for my internet course in school. Please assist in how to get this working. I have an assignment due soon and need to watch the video for instructions.
Thank you in advance for any helpful information. sks89
Additional System Details
- IDM FlashPlugin Firefox W32
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Open Containing Folder
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
Secure Online Account Numbers
HP Smart Web Printing
Try searching your computer for a file called np-mswmp.dll, and place a copy of this file inside the Firefox plugins folder. The normal location for this folder is C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ plugins
Thank you for the prompt responses. Due to work, I am just now getting a chance to try everything.
I have searched for the np-mswmp.dll file and it does not find it on my computer. However, it was listed within the plug-ins folder of the FF programs file on the drive. I tried the link cor-el posted and did both the way to get the new plug-in as well as the three separate files solution.
I could not get anything to work so I just made note of all the addons and plug-ins and other settings and such then re-installed FF. I was really hoping not to due to me having forgot to get my cookies folder and history and such, but I need to work on homework asap. I apologize for the hassle and greatly appreciate your assistance.
Thanks again for the prompt responses. sks89
Modified by sks89