In trying to apply for a job, I get the following message: "The State of Texas HHSC Hiring Center requires your internet browser to be MS IE version 6.x or greater. Please update your browser and visit us again."
I try to apply for a job with a state of Texas agency, and get the following message: "The State of Texas HHSC Hiring Center requires your internet browser to be MS IE version 6.x or greater. Please update your browser and visit us again."
Is there a solution to this in the form of a faster version, or some other fix?
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
I tried to apply for a job on the State of Texas HHSC website.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
IE6 or later sounds pretty old.
If the site only accepts and works with IE then your only option is to use IE.
You are on Windows, so that shouldn't be a problem. They do exclude users on other platforms (Linux, Mac) by being that restrictive.
You can use an extension like IE Tab or IE View to use the IE rendering engine in Firefox.
- IE Tab 2 (FF 3.6+): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/92382
- IE Tab Plus (FF 3.6+): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/10909/