My horizontal scroll bar has disappeared
I no longer have a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page. It disappeared a couple of days ago. I have not made any changes to my settings and am totally puzzled. I did try changing my persona to one I had previously used, and that made no difference. I have Windows XP and have used Firefox for quite some time.
Additional System Details
This started when...
a couple of days ago.
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
It is possible that the screen is too high and that the status bar and scroll bar fall off at the bottom.
Open the system menu via Alt+Space and see if you can resize that window.
If that works then close Firefox to save that setting.
Delete localstore.rdf or rename the file to localstore.rdf.sav in the Profile Folder to test if the file is corrupted.
(caution: do not delete the localstore.rdf file in the Firefox program installation folder)
Thank you! This seems to have corrected the problem, although I am puzzled as to what may have created it. I would not want to do that again.
I don t have a Space button on my Dell Keyboard just a Backspace button.
You all are NO help!!!!
I can't imagine that you do not have a Space bar because I see spaces in your typed text.
You can always try to delete the localstore.rdf file to reset the window size and position.