FireFox is not working properly
Hi, recently I've been constantly getting error messages such as: "URL Is Not Valid and Cannot Be Loaded" . In addition to that, i frequently can't watch video's in YouTube (also says error) and another thing that happens a lot is that pages won't upload (it says "the connection was reset"). I have no problem with my net because i tried to do the same thing in internet explorer and it worked perfectly. What should i do? if i uninstall and then install firefox again, would it help? would it erase all my bookmarks and shortcuts beneath the status bar? thank you for your help! Hadar.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
a couple of days ago
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- RayV Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 AskTbVD/220.127.116.1119 Firefox/3.6.13 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
i recently installed norton anti virus along with comodo and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
i have a google toolbar.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
thank you for your help, but it didn't work. i started firefox in safe mode, disabled all plug-ins and add-ons and then i couldn't see anything in youtube (it wanted me to download flash player from adobe). i started to enable add-ons that i had and checked to see if i could watch the video, and nothing worked. i downloaded what it told me and now i can see video's but occasionally it says "an error occurred, please try again later", but it never works. not only that but if it does work, the minute i try to hit the full screen bottom, i get the same message and i have to refresh the page..